Friday, August 28, 2015

NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women Book Review


I was provided with a free copy of this book through Booklook Bloggers in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions expressed are my own honest opinions. 


Though I already own several Bibles I was very excited to have the opportunity to review the NIV Real-Life Devotional Bible for Women, Compact: Insights for Everyday Life.  This contains the full text of the NIV Bible as well as 366 insightful daily devotions written by Lysa TerKheurst and the women at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Each devotion takes up one page and is placed within the Bible passage where the main scripture focus is located so it is easy to read the surrounding scripture to gain more perspective.

As someone who often struggles with taking the time for daily devotions and Bible reading, I found these devotions to be wonderful. They are all long enough to give you something to really think about but they can easily be read in just a few minutes which is perfect for busy women.

There is both a topical index and an author index for the devotions so you can easily find something specific to what you are currently struggling with or a new devotion by a favorite author.

I love the look and feel of this compact volume. It has a very soft Italian leather duo-tone sea glass/carribean blue embossed cover and a beautiful pale blue ribbon to mark what page you are on. I like that it has delicate and feminine details without being all in pinks as many women's Bibles seem to be.

Due to it's compact size, this Bible fits easily into even smaller purses so it is easy to carry around with me. The only potential negative I see with this Bible is that because it is a compact version, the print is fairly small.

I highly recommend this Bible version to any woman looking to start or continue the habit of  daily devotions and Bible reading. The devotions in this Bible will speak to you no matter where you are in life and the Bible itself is beautiful and lovely to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment